The Enrichment Center for Women, Children, and Families, a non-profit organization, is the corporate successor of the former Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA) of Paterson New Jersey.
The YWCA was organized in 1901 to fill the practical and inspirational needs of young women. At that time we were located on Church Street where the Paterson Board of Education currently resides.
In 1955, the YWCA relocated to 185 Carroll Street. It was housed in the previous summer home of former Vice President Garrett A. Hobart.
In 2012 in keeping with the changing needs of the Paterson Community, we re-organized ourselves as the Enrichment Center for Women, Children & Families.